Anyone used Redmax 2350 trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllAmericanlawn, Mar 5, 2011.

1. AllAmericanlawn

AllAmericanlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone using this trimmer or any experience with it? Any details about it? Thinking about buying it. It only weighs 9.5lbs. I want a light trimmer but not extremley underpowered. Also wanted to try Redmax, tired of shindaiwa.

2. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

that trimmer is simply amazing..my friend called me up one day and said there was a new one at a Pawn shop up the street from his house they were asking 100 bucks for it if i wanted to check it out I said no but told him to buy it.. beings it would be great for his house.. I amways made fun of him cause Redmax calles it the "light duty trimmer" telling him to get a real mans tool and such just busting balls.. anyway one day my 26cc died on me and i was around his house so i picked up the little guy to finish up my route.. i fell in love.. il be buying a couple this year..honestly it was soo hard going back to my 2610 even at 11 1/2 lbs if felt like 200 compared to that thing.. plenty of power for mild trimming edging and such .. its got a steal shaft.. I never had to have it even near full throttle

good luck man

3. Alekfarmer

Alekfarmer LawnSite Member

I just ran one yesterday for 20 minutes. Im used to my echo 265, i love the redmax 2350. I cant wait to buy one within the next week or so. It was a beast and weighs nothing. I was very impressed

4. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

You tried Husqvarna 223 or 326 trimmers? Lightest and powerful, reliable and not cold nature.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

The 2350 in May is a little under powered when grass is at full grow

6. Alekfarmer

Alekfarmer LawnSite Member

Do i buy a Redmax 2350 for $239 shipped, no tax. Or a Husky 223 for $250 + tax?

7. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

I own a TR2300S, which is the exact same thing as the TR2350S, just 5 years older. It is very light. Very easy to start, takes 1 pull in 30 degrees if you prime it 10 times. I've had it for two years, and it's never given a problem. It doesn't vibrate much, and it does have a steel shaft. It has enough power for regularly maintained lawns, but it won't have enough power on southern grasses like bermuda. I prefer my Kawasaki KGT27A by far though, as it weighs about the same, but has a 26.3cc engine instead of 21.7cc.

BTW, I'm selling mine, as I want a big 30cc weedeater. Mine is available for $130 plus shipping if you're interested. It has only about 25 hours on it max, and is in great shape.

8. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I used to have a few of the 223l now I have 326/327ls love em best trimmer I have ever used! They will run for ever. I got about 500hrs out of my 223 and the 326 I have one will over 3000hours
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Yes yes buy it asap. You will fall in love. I have used every trimmer there is, been trimming since I was 11. Used the husq', stihl (BOO), and ofcourse echo (reliable but too heavy) I bought my 2350 this last year and it's the best trimmer I have EVER used. It has plenty of power unless you're trimming uncut fields made for a bushhog or something rediculous. I hear guys talk about how powerful weedeaters are all the time which is irrelevant. What's important with trimmers is WEIGHT and this sucker is light as a feather and has all the power you'll ever need. What needs alot of power is blowers, not trimmers. I never have to run it wide open, ever. It's great. I could trim 20 houses in a day and my arm wouldn't even be sore the next day.

I can't say enough great things about it. I wanna buy 2 more this season just for the heck of it. Buy it asap.

Also I'd like to say it isn't cold natured at all, runs PERFECT. It sat on my trimmer rack for 5 months. I put some gas in the other day primed and it fired up in 2 pulls and never once bogged at all. Don't listen to anyone that says their shindawai or stihl crap trimmers are as light or reliable as this thing. Trust me, I know my trimmers.

10. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

IT wouldn't let me edit so let me just say buy it and use it on a couple yards, get back on here and thank us for pushing you to get it.