Anyone used the J.D. Aercore 800?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnstudent, Feb 21, 2002.

1. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

Is this a golf green only machine? Any practicle use for home or commercial property? Can it core and turn a curve at the same time? How tight a curve? When would you use tubular tines versus open sided tines? What has been the reliability? Appreciate any opinions or comments. Thank you.
  2. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, I have never used this, but they do have a free video available on their website ( with info on their aerators. It is called "Ultimate Aerification". They are using them at a golf course, and I think that is the intended use for them. I love all of the free videos they have :D I have recieved like 4.
  3. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Man for almost 15 grand that thing better cut the grass too. I'm checking into a Plugr type cam aerater. Go to and check them out. The width is about the same at 32 inches and it's alot cheaper, 5 times cheaper. Hoss65 has one and i've ran it. It turns easy and is not that hard on you to operate. shoot Hoss65 a note and ask him about his.

Just my .02 worth. It may be worth less to you, but hey it's only 2 cents.

4. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We have 2 of them at the golf course i work at. They work great but they are not good for lawn care. They are not heavy enough and tend to jump when they hit hard soil. The greens are well wetted when we core. Hope this helps. I would go with something else other than a golf course machine. Good luck