anyone used the new trimstar by Hustler?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fazzy815-66, Mar 21, 2006.

1. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at the new trimstar by hustler They also have a platform you stand on with a striping roller just wondering your thou:rolleyes: ghts.

2. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I'll be honest. I hadn't heard of the "Trimstar" but went to the hustlerturf website and checked it out.

Don't slam me, but it looks just like all the "Chinese knock-off's " that are popping up EVERYWHERE! (IE: Red-Hawk, pirannah mower, etc.)

Please corrrect me if I'm wrong. I like this company (Hustler) and just plunked dow big bucks (4K is big $$ to me) on a MFT for homeowner use.

I'm hoping, according to alot of folks here here on "Lawnsite.com" that I should have this thing for the rest of "my natural born" life. It's kind of the reason I opt'd for the Honda engine to go along with the mower. Nothing outruns a Honda engine. although I have to state: I have never bought or owned a Japanese car. I've only purchase about 6 American and 2 German cars in my life. I have had a couple of Japanese Motorcycles though.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No Chinese knock off here.
    100% built, with pride, in the USA. :usflag:
    As to feedback, they are relatively new to the market, you will see plenty of feedback this spring, as people start using them.

Pj

4. fishinpa

from SE PA

VERY gald to hear it. You have to admit they are ALL getting a bit TOO similar though?!?

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The Trimstar belt drive machines are not really Hustlers. They are a yellow version of the cheap-built Encore machines. Hustler may have speced in a few of their own ideas, but they are mostly an Encore under the yellow paint.

6. fishinpa

from SE PA

Those are the Chinese knock offs then? I'll be damned if they don't look ust like 'em!

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

No, they are not the Chinese mowers. The Encore machines are built in Nebraska. However, in my opinion, the quality those Encore machines is not much better than the Chinese machines, just built in the USA, with better parts support.

8. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I should have specified I am looking at the hydro version and I dont think it looks chinese at all (never even crossed my mind) Im more intrested in how they cut.

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The TrimStar hydro's uses our XR-7 deck design, it is a awesome cutting machine.
    Your best bet is going to be to demo the unit as soon as there is some grass to cut there, once you demo it, you will buy it, I am that positive you will like the cut.

Pj

10. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

PJ please clear something up for me. You keep saying the trimstar comes with the new deck, however looking on the website and talking to the sales rep for this area says that only the 48" comes with the new deck and the 36" does not. I am interested in the 36" if it comes with the xr7deck. Please clarify.