Anyone used the Walker attachments?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Sep 9, 2002.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering who has used the attatchments, and if they would be worth buying.

Brandon Shaw
    Evergreen Landscaping Concepts:blob3:

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

This is a bery broad question. There are many attachments available for the Walker. I have the dethatcher and it works well for cleaning up the lawn after dethatching, scalping or just picking up leaves.

MATT

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I have the dethatcher:D :D :D. Love it and a huge time (and back) saver and the Mill Creek core aerator:) :) :) . Like it allot--saves a ton of walking and aerates much faster on an open property and about 1/3 the price of a walk behind unit.

jeffyr

4. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I had the millcreek. It just did not work for my application. I let another LCO use it to see if he could have any luck. It did not work for him either. It just didn't seem to pull any plugs. We tried all the weights on the aerator and weight in the grass dump but it just did not work. (this was with new tines)

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Dethatcher is excellent and a very big $$$$$$ maker for me. I built my own spray setup off the 42 deck and frame.

I have not used any other attachments but love the idea of changing decks or attctchments relatively fast. I have a 52 and a 52 deck.

I know a guy who has a larger operation and his guys love the snowblower option.

6. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 40 lb. weights on the front and about 100lbs. in the hopper to keep the tailwheel planted. I get an average 2 inch plug in our mostly clay soil (when it is moist). Others more, some hard dry ones less.

jeffyr