Anyone used this walkbehind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

2. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

3800 for a 36'' gear-drive sounds way high, but the exmark looks like a good deal.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Not wanting to tell of on my self........

But ya get what ya pay for.....

get a good one

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That Gravely is an older model, not like the current generation of Gravely walkbehinds. They were pretty tough machines, but did not always provide a high quality cut. If you want a front line mower for daily use, that give a great cut, then pass on that one.
    If you need a backup mower, or one to use a couple of times a week, and the cut quality is not all that important, then jump on it. I would not go over $500.00 at most.

5. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a scag belt drive 36 inch i bought for one account last year not over 100 hrs. Haven't used it at all this year. Not sure how to bring up the pics, but if you go into my threads go to the "truck pics" thread and there is a pic of it in there. If interested make me a offer.

6. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Just pulled it up and the mower isn't as beat up as it looks in that pic it is just really dirty it will clean up to look alot newer

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If money is an issue and you don't mind some compromise, why not get a brand new Quick 36 for $1,895.00 free shipping?
    It's a great machine, might not last 15-20 years like the more expensive models but I am sure you'll get your money's worth...

What I mean is, likely you might get tired of using the same mower in say 5 years or so, but this machine should easily last at least that long and by then if you can't afford a new mower you're doing something wrong lol... So I think, out of all the economical start up solutions this has to be one of the better ones, I am not related to these guys and could care less what you do I am simply providing this information for your perusal, anyhow here's a direct link:

http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/index.asp?page=ProductDetails&Item=13BIM-36-07A

Brand spanking new, warranty and all...

13BIM-36-07A_1.jpg

8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

So far the only w/b I have used was a bobcat w/ pistol grips. I liked how easy it was to use, felt comfortable. How does the steering work on a Quick 36? Most hydro's have a lever you push forward and just use the grips for steering. This mower for now will only be used on 2 accounts, BUT, it would also mean that I would no longer have to pass on dozens of accounts every summer because they have a single gate.

9. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

My first mower I bought brand new a Ferris 48'' w/b belt drive...the dealer sold eXmark and Ferris and recomended the Ferris it came with a longer warrenty, and more heavy duty belt system, and the same motor for cheaper! I tried them both out liked the Ferris alot I think I got it between $2500 - $3000 I can't remember exactly its a great mower I still have it and it runs like brand new, no exageration, I couldn't tell the difference from the day I bought it I haven't done anything except changed oil + filters.