1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone used to do a lawn off Bethel Rd. in Worcester?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Korey, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up a new lawn earlier this year at a fairly new development. Lawn was very thin and overgrown as if the developer did a very poor job seeding. This development is located right near the corner of Morris Rd and Bethel Rd in Worcester, PA- house is straight ahead at the end of the cul-de-sac.

The reason why I am posting this is because the people that hired me owe me over $1800- I've only been paid for cuts up til May and haven't been paid for any of my cuts since then or the mulch job I did. Wanted to see if anyone here used to do this lawn or may know someone that did. Would appreciate it any replies. Thanx.
  2. Korey

Hopefully word will get around...
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

They quit paying in May, and you continued service up to now?
  4. ha305

ha305 LawnSite Member

Why did you let the tab get so high?
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

It's easy to let a commercial site get into you for that much...

But a residential???
  6. Daddy Joes Lawn Service

Daddy Joes Lawn Service LawnSite Member

you owe me 25.00 no payment no service.
  7. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Please tell us you are not still mowing this place. :nono:
  8. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i do cut some grass around Morris Rd and Bethel Rd,but its in Elkmont AL.
  9. Korey

These are all good questions and I know some of you may be wondering. I haven't been as firm as I should be and sometimes I'm just too nice which can sometimes cause problems but that's just how I learn who the real deadbeats are. I've had a lot of customers but this is the first time I've had to deal with people like this. However, this is besides the point and I don't wanna get a discussion going about why I let the tab run this long, why I kept mowing, etc.

This thread was started only because I'm wondering if anyone out there has dealt with or knows anyone that dealt with this people, or maybe even knows of them.

And no, I'm not mowing this place, although I'd like to cuz the grass was so thin in the beginning and was just starting to fullen up until he told me to discontinue my services. Then the wife emailed me and asked me to cut cuz the grass was so high. Told her I haven't been paid and didn't hear from anyone since.
  10. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear, no-one likes a deadbeat. Keep the pressure on through phone calls, letters and personal visits. If you know where they work, send a bill there, I had to do that once. The wife wouldn't pay, but the husband did, once he got the bill at his work. Give us their number we'll call'em for you. :gunsfirin