1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone useing a scag edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Apr 18, 2002.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

im thinking about getting a edger my dealer .only selling the power trim little wonder and the scag edger .which is the best out of the three this would be my first edger.
  2. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know which one of the three is the best because I have only used the SCAG. I have the SCAG and like it, mine is one of the older ones. It only has the lever to engage blade on one handle and it has the Kawasaki engine. Hope this helps some.
  3. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have never had any problems with my scag edger and it is strong enough to get through any edge
  4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I know this was not your question, but have you thought about a stick edger? Maybe you would have to go somewhere else to get it. The walkbehind are nice, great sod cutters, I have used them in the past, but.... I would never go back from a stick edger. They are so quick and convienient, plus they take no trailer deck space. Besides, last I saw, I could by two stick edgers for the price of one of those skag monsters.

just a thought