1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a Bad Boy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lampeslawnservice, Mar 29, 2004.

1. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the Bad Boy mowers. Saw one at a trade show this wknd and it looked pretty well built. Looking for a good ztr that can cut down on hours and still make a quality cut. I have a few yards with some scary hills. Thanks for input.
  2. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

I have one and it its awesome.
    very stable on hills and a beautiful cut.
    Try one before you buy anything else
    Im sure you will be pleased with one.
  3. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Next year I want to purchase a 60" Bad Boy with a 25HP motor. Seems like a good buy at about $6000 out the door. That will become my commercial only mower and the Cub Cadet 44" ZTR will be my strictly residential mower. Boy I cant wait!
  4. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Factory direct right from Bad Boy. I used the link from lawnsite. I guess it ships right from the factory and that is the price. Who knows though. I am not getting a strictly commercial 60" until next year anyway.
  5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

no, but spending in such frivolous manners will get them in trouble lickity split.
  6. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

what you really need to look at with these guys is the "fluff" they surround their mowers with...the image and advertising is cool and all, but when you get to it, they are hard to work on, not many can work on them...the 25 HP bad boy uses like 12 HP to run the tractor, and 13HP for the deck....the Dixie with the 27HP uses 21HP for the deck! that means higher RPM's and a cleaner cut...plus, other than engine work, anyone can work on a Dixie
  7. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

Chevyman, I dont know where you get your information, but you are overly misinformed.

I have a 52" 27hp badboy and dont have any problem working on it. Actually I havent had to "work on it" but everything on the machine in very accessible in case there is a maintenance issue.

Get information from bad boy and the people who use their products. Not from someone who goes on hearsay alone.

Checkout their website.
  8. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Isn't Nascar the most watched sporting event in the USA? frivolous marketing?
  9. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

In the world of advertising, whoever spends the most, sells the most.
  10. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

As far as units being serviced around here, there is only one authorized Gravely dealer and a Toro/Snapper dealer, oh and a JD dealer. So with anything I buy it probably won't be able to be serviced here anyway. The Toro/Snapper dealer won't work on any other brand than what he sells or represents.