1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a blackberry or other fancy cell?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bill8379, Jan 18, 2008.

1. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I still can't make up my mind if I should get a land line this year or just buy a new cell. The one I got is going downhill.

I have a pocket PC, I think the blackberry is both, phone and pocket pc?
  2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

yes, it is.
  3. MNBOY

MNBOY LawnSite Member

Get a blackberry. I did not want to get one at first thinking that I can just haul my laptop around in my truck to check emails every once in a while. My wife told me that I had to get one so I thought I would at least try it out. Now I couldn't live without it. I no longer have to log onto the computer when I get home just to check emails. I get emails for estimates all the time while out plowing, etc. The benefits are huge and it is only an extra $24 per month on top of my normal cell phone bill. Great purchase. Very addicting though.
  4. bill8379

I'm not so sure a Black berry syncs with outlook calender. I was just reading about them. I think I would need something that runs widows mobile 6 but I don't like the look of those Palms.
  5. Desertdweller

Desertdweller LawnSite Member

We went with the Samsung i760. It has mobile 6. Never had a Blackberry before so can't compare. Happy with it so far, been about 4 months.
  6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

iphone here had the blackjack before I love it
    full internet
    full email
    gps directions
  7. bill8379

iphones are locked in with AT&T or something like that.
  8. MAC LLC

MAC LLC LawnSite Member

can the treo or any phone with mobile 6 run quickbooks?
  9. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

black berry world additon hell of a phone great reception love emails I also plow so the weather comes in handy while on the road.
  10. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Got rid of my BB and got a Moto QM9....will never go back to a black berry. The Qm9 is more advanced and is widows 6. You can't run an office program on the BB and surfing the net takes more time on the BB.

The Qp is like an ipod also with music features.