Anyone using a Classen 'Stand Aer SA-25' yet?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Marcos, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

I'm looking to "retire" an older manual aerator...and possibly replace it with something that won't be as likely to 'retire' me prematurely!!

In the past, I've really liked the durability of Classen.
    I've had a 60" pull behind/ 3-pt unit; and a Lesco/Classen split-drive...that just keep going...and going...and going...:walking:.

So, thus...I've really had my eye on the apparant ease and efficiency of the newer Classen 'stand on' units: the " Stand Aer SA-25's ".

Seems to me that it'd be a great complement to the pull-behinds; especially on my sites where there's a number of 'obstacles' that the pull-behind can't always maneuver around efficiently.

Any of you have any first-hand experience you can share about them ???
  2. mverick

mverick LawnSite Senior Member

We use a Turfco Turn Aer4. It's like the Classen split drive.

We use it for cut in. Edges and obsticles. Small and easy to maneuver and steers with hand brakes. You can get a sulky like attachment for it to.

Pull behind for the larger areas.

That looks nice but I think it would be better in large area's, not so much cut in.
  3. lawnward

lawnward LawnSite Member

Before making a purchase, I would suggest seeing if a local dealer can get a demo of the SA25. I have used one and it works great but takes some getting used to. It also takes a lot more work to pay this one off...although not as much wear and tear on the body.
  4. The Turfinator

The Turfinator LawnSite Member

I used as the SA25 as a demo last fall on a couple of properties. It does take some time getting used to, however, it can really save time on the big properties. The only problem I had was the rear wheels tearing up the lawn when you turn for the next pass. I want to try out other units before making such a big investment. Does anyone know of other ride on aerators besides the Classen and the Z plugger?
  5. dogsluvtrux

dogsluvtrux LawnSite Member

What kind of price do they have on the SA25?
  6. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

That Classen Stander Is # 1...very well built machine
  7. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I think thet are right around 6k.