Anyone using a Ferris 3000..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, May 28, 2003.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

something or other? I went to check out a dealer I had never been to and he recommended the Ferris over a Lazer Z. Says the 4 wheel independent suspension is great & cuts just as well as a Lazer.

Anyone?

2. I have a ferris 3000 and luv it. has a great ride,very well built,and hold hills great.But the exmark has a better cut.Boy if rodfather hears me say this he will curse me forever:D Both exmark and ferris are great machines and companys.Go with the best price and what fits your properties that you have

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I demoed both this year. The exmark does cut better. But if this machine is for you , the ferris is awsome for comfort. The Exmark was like a buckboard. And hills fugetaboutit!

4. Green Thumb Lawncare

Green Thumb Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Texas

what about a Ferris WB, does anyone know anything about them?

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We've had like 15 of them over the past 9 years (48s, 52s, 61 WBs).

JH...you're on my s*** list...LOL. Email me if you need any info on Ferris. We also mow for Ferris's largest US distributor here in NJ.

Sorry, but the Ferris !S3000 is the better unit IMO. That baby rides like my Eldorado. Thank God it's less expensive.

6. \ ferris has raised there prices.Rodfather I was at a ferris dealer the other day. I was in sticker shock.$9300 for the new 3000is.I paid 8600 just a year and half ago. I think they are starting to get out of line with the pricing.I know the 5000 with the cat engine is way too much money and $9300 for the 3000 is steep.Maybe the prices in the east are better.But they are going to price thereself out of the market here.I guess they have to get that extra $ to save snapper:D

7. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i tried one out for a day.i hated the cut.its a nice unit i must say.holds hills really well but i like my simple exmark ZTR

8. danzig

danzig LawnSite Member

Do not buy a ferris. That company is worthless when it comes to backing their product. I have a ferris ztr and it has been nothing but trouble since i bought it brand new. Anyone who tells you ferris is a good product is full of it. The district sales manager of my area, Dan Dean, told me that i should buy another ferris ztr since i have had so many troubles with the one i have. What a guy! How about fixing the one i have now. All those people do is run away when they see me coming. Come by my house if you want a real demo of a ferris ztr. Read my posts on ferris and you will see why iam so steamed. BUY A HUSTLER OR AN EXMARK!!!!

9. I disagree with you completely In fact I know Dan Dean.He is a fair and honest man.Every company has a few lemons and bad dealers.Hustler or Exmark you dont think they have faults either ? Every mower has there faults.Ride a hustler for 10 hours in a day.Then ride a ferris and which one will your back & kidneys prefer.For one mower you knock the entire comapny.How many has Rodfather has had in the past decade without problems.Dan will work with you if you work with him.I strongly diagree with your whole statement about the ferris company

10. danzig

danzig LawnSite Member

Hey mack what makes you so sure dan dean is all that great. If this were your machine you would be upset if d.d. didnt want to do anything about it. That mower should have been taken back and i should have been given another but Mr.dean did not seem to think that was the case. I have had nothing but excuses from dan dean and he has fessed up to the assembly and quality problems with the ztr i have but his response was that i should buy another one as they are built much better now. If this machine is a lemon then shouldnt ferris replace the unit? You can disagree with my statement, however, my expirience with ferris is that they are a poor company to do business with and they do not back their product!!