Anyone using a flatbed pickup?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by OSU 09, Sep 10, 2010.

1. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The bed is rusting out of my pickup and I was thinking about putting a flatbed on it. Truck is used primaily to pull mowers so not being able to put crap in the back is not an issue. I will put stake pockets on it just in case i ever need sides. Plus I like the idea of putting a toolbox or 2 underneath. So does anyone use a flatbed?

2. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive worked out of them before and prefer to, most of the jobs was where we was always grabing something out of the back, make a 2" x 6" rail around it to keep anything you wanna toss in the back in place.

currently im working out of a utility bed talk about a PITA!:cry:

3. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I was also looking at a utility bed. Its a little more than what I wanted to pay, put it still may be an option.

4. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

if you trailer all your equip and debris there not bad, plus you can haul a crap load of tools, im just always loading something out or in the back of the truck where a flat/dump bed would be much better

5. THEENER

THEENER LawnSite Member

do you guys ever haul debris (grass clippings)

6. 24v6spd

24v6spd LawnSite Senior Member

You may want to check into the legal ramifications with your local DMV. Here in Michigan pickups with flat beds are subject to different requirements and plate fees.