1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a Gravely 34-inch Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coolgreen, Mar 8, 2005.

1. coolgreen

coolgreen LawnSite Member

I'm looking at the Gravely PM 34Z. It looks like it would be ideal for getting through those small gates, and save a lot of time.

I'd rather grab a Cub Cadet Z-wing, but it's not going to be available in Canada until spring, 2006.

Is anyone using one of these Gravelys? I'd like to know how the cut is, and if they are reliable machines.

They cost about $6,000 here in Canada, which is pretty cheap compared to the larger Z's, which start at around $10,000.

Yes I know, we pay a fortune for machines up here. You guys in the U.S.A. would have a heart attack if you saw the inflated prices we pay for snow plows and salt spreaders.
  2. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

I have one and love it. It is built well and it cuts well. I only paid about 4 grand for mine though with the mulch kit installed.
  3. cward

cward LawnSite Member

They are great machines, the cut is good and they are very well built. I'd make the trip to the States and pay about $2K less for the machine.
  4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

with 134 hits, if you count this one...take advantage of the lawnsite "search" feature. It is simple. Click on the word search in the toolbar at the top of this page. Type in the words "gravely 34z" then click "go". The results of your search will be displayed. You can also do an advanced search.... :angel: don't be so lazy!
  5. coolgreen

coolgreen LawnSite Member

I don't think anyone would ever start a new thread if everything has already been answered, as you kindly pointed out.

I just wanted some simple information, but next time I will do a search instead of posting if it bothers you that much.
  6. Psych-O

Psych-O LawnSite Member

I have one and really like it. Just have to be carefull after the rains, it will leave rutts if the ground is too soft.
    If your questions bother some People, maybe they shouldn't read it!! After all isn't this fourm about choices in what may interest you. :angel:
  7. KurtW

KurtW LawnSite Member

I bought one about 3 months ago. I use it for a gate mower. Use my Scag 48" on every thing else. You can blow thru a 36" gate without any trouble. It is a great machine for limited access areas. Don't even think about useing it on a slope!!!!! Its not made for that. Kurt
  8. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have one and had it for a season and love it. It is great for gated yards. Better than a w/b and cheaper. dont get it for hills. It almost want to fall over the slightest angle :dizzy: but It was one of my best purchases. It has plenty of Power and mows great in pretty much any conditon. I also have the side bagger. It goes on without any bolts and you dont have to remove the gaurd. the bagger is steel and kinda heavy but works pretty good. On windy dry days the bagger throws $hit in my eyes. so I where goggles when bagging. luckily I only have on yard that I bag year round (I look like a fool wearing goggles)

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

then all threads with Leaves should be banned. I dont know if this will do you any good, but there is one on ebay. Im going to pick mine up on friday.
  10. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Is what we have all contributed to. There is some excellent information and advice to be found there, as well as personal opinions.
    You post and you will get on the spot personal opinions. The personal opinions, expressed at that time, may or may not be accurate. It's a crap shoot. Do a search first. Don't waste bandwidth. Contribute information when you can, don't alway take.