1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a Gravely Pro H Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T and T Lawn Care, Mar 11, 2006.

1. T and T Lawn Care

T and T Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Looking at purchasing the 17 hp 48" Gravely Pro H, Hydro Pro-Steer. Just curious if anyone out threre and using it for commercial mowing. If so, how is it on hills and does it stripe well. Thanks.
  2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I use eXmark 52"TTHP but my competitor has been running 36" Gravely hydro pro steer for like 2 seasons now, he loves it and as I saw it cut well...as well as my tracer.
  3. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

I have the 17 hp 52" (no pro steer)and it handles hills no prob. and good stripe. It's a beast and it hauls ass
  4. thill

thill LawnSite Member

We have two of the Gravely 48" with ProSteer and two of the 36" with proSteet and LOVE them. One of each is hydro, the others are belt.

They ain't bullet proof but are pretty close.

They hydros are worth the cost difference.

Hope this helps
  5. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

Not bullet proof? BS. These machines are TANKS

I have run nothing but gravley. Not once have i ever had it in the shop, however i do take good care of my equipment. Other than Lesco they are the cheapest is the industry. You get the most bang for your buck with gravley.
    I live in WV and there is no such thing as flat land around here. It climbs hills like a goat, and leaves a beautiful cut.

You cant go wrong with Gravley, they are the grandpappy of mowers.

hope this helps some :)
  6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Gravely Pro-H 36" with Pro Steer. I have found that Gravely's stripe very well without a striping kit. I don't mow many hills or have any other experience with another walk-behind to comare to in order to comment on that really, but the little I have used it on hills I don't have any complaints.

I really love the 8.5 MPH ground speed and the J-pin height adjustment of the Gravely.