1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a JRCO tine rake on a ZTR or Stander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Blade Runners, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Thinking about getting one and I was wondering how well they work and how durable they are.
  2. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes....we love them.
  3. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 LawnSite Member

We have the Walker version, about the same only 42" wide. It works great if you do several passes, like 4. Leaves an even more amazing stripe than a Walker does normally. Doesn't seem to harm sprinkler heads. We now use it as a general cean-up weapon as we have modified an EZ RAKE that mounts to the front. This only requires 1 pass and brings up a ton of debris. We price the service higher to use it over the tine-rake. Here's a quick vid of the EZ RAKE.

4. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Yup. I run a 60" on my ferris 3100. They re great for spring! Also very durable
  5. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

For cleanups they are awesome - very durable. For de-thatching.....fine for most of our northern grasses since the thatch isn't nearly as thick and dense as southern grasses. We use it for all kinds of stuff.....love it for overseeding - breaks up the cores and rakes the seed in nicely.