anyone using a Kubota W5021 walk behind mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by _CY_, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ParkerGray

ParkerGray LawnSite Member

Benji, SilverFox, et al. Based largely on your positive comments and all the helpful info you provided, I just bought a W5021 push commercial model in very good condition and joined this forum. My question is whether or not there is a blade - such as the gator-type - that would improve mulching action? Thanks in advance. Parker

2. tjski

tjski LawnSite Member

I need to find out the compression ratio of the motor is. Mine smokes sometimes but it more of a white smoke.

3. kabrac

kabrac LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Where did you get it and how much was it?

4. ParkerGray

ParkerGray LawnSite Member

I bought it here in New Brunswick, Canada, from a mechanic who worked for a lawn mower dealer - it had been traded in. The mower is great - and in virtually new shape - but I wish it was self propelled. I would be willing to buy an old self-propelled to scavenge the parts or possibly sell this one for $325. Parker

5. kabrac

kabrac LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Is it the 19" or 21"? Does it have the bagger? Got any pictures? I might be interested. PM me with any info. How much would you say it weighs?

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

tha brochure is the worst i have ever seen, that lady is horrible looking. wow! i am a kubota fan and i do remember these at the dealer long ago and wish i had one as good as the other equipment is

7. sr20det

sr20det LawnSite Member

i just received a Kubota W5019 ( blade clutch, but no self-propel) and its missing the grass catcher bag. Does anyone know the Kubota part number for this?! Parts are extremely hard to find.. thanks.

8. lalawn

lalawn LawnSite Member

I recently found parts listed for my W5021SC @ searspartsdirect.com. I simply entered the model number and looked through all of the different parts groups.

9. erobinson32

erobinson32 LawnSite Member

Just got a W5021-SC. Had been sitting in my grand father-in-law's storage shed, untouched for at least 5 years. He still has the original receipt, sales brochure, and operators manual in pristine condition. He purchased it in April of 1989. Has a brand new carb and new wheels, but still needs a bit of work. I'm taking it to the Kubota dealer this week for some service. Working pretty well, but wants to cut off when I engage the auto-drive.

I can scan the manual or brochure if anyone would like a copy. I also have a bunch more pictures if anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I'd love to get my hands on one of those.