anyone using a Kubota W5021 walk behind mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by _CY_, Mar 27, 2009.

1. erobinson32

erobinson32 LawnSite Member

I have one of these bad boys that I don't know what to do with. See Pictures Here
    I had issues with the auto-drive working towards the end of last year, and then it wouldn't crank at all. I took it to the Kubota service shop here in town (I'm about certain they are crooks) and they took several full months just to tell me that they were positive it'd cost me well over the $300 I told them I wanted to spend on it. So, they haven't even touched it yet.

Any suggestions? I'm about ready to post it for sale, and just buy a new Honda. However, I'm in love with this thing and don't want to give up on it quite yet.

2. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

These are tanks just like the silver decks.

3. erobinson32

erobinson32 LawnSite Member

Went ahead and pulled the trigger this evening. Got a Honda HRX217HXA. Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow if the weather holds up. Now, what to do with the Kubota. I'm weighing putting it on Craigslist vs making it a hobby project for me to take on over the summer. I'd love to get it back up and running again.

However, if anyone is interested in purchasing let me know. I'd consider reasonable offers for it. Again, I don't know what's exactly is wrong with it, but it won't start at all. Has a fresh Carb (<1yr) and new wheels. Comes with a bag, side discharge and spare air filter. Still have the manual too.

4. kubotaw5021

kubotaw5021 LawnSite Member

This message is for erobinson32...
    Still have the kubota w 5021?? if you do . do you want to sale it for parts??
    i need the cylinder head, and carburator.
    let me know

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

For some reason it reminds me of a older honda hrc 216 I have...
    mike

6. _CY_

_CY_ LawnSite Member

CS9530 ... many thanks for all the scans of the manual.

my Kubota has been running great with no issues.

not counting leaving gas in tank over the season. took carb apart and cleaned out all orifices...
    runs good again. next season I'm shutting fuel, then idling dry.

7. hawkeye56

hawkeye56 LawnSite Member

I recently bought a used 21 inch self propelled model the engine runs good and the transmission is strong but the blade will not engage any suggestions diagrams info etc. would be greatly appreciated. could the blade clutch be converted to direcf drive?

8. DejaVu

DejaVu LawnSite Member

My uncle has two of these (a W5021 and a W5019), he is working on rebuilding the engine and asked if I could find the service manual for him. After a fruitless search online, I contacted our local Kubota dealer and they were very helpful, providing me with the manuals in PDF format.

I figured the manuals might be helpful to many others as well that own these aging workhorse mowers so I decided to share them.

Operator's Manual - W5019/W5021
    Parts List - W5019
    Parts List - W5021
    Workshop Manual - W5019/W5021 (Mirror #1)
    Workshop Manual - W5019/W5021 (Mirror #2)

Long live these mowers, they were a great product and it's too bad that Kubota no longer carries them in the North American market.

*trucewhiteflag*

9. Jedward

Jedward LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

10. Jedward

Jedward LawnSite Member

Would you be willing to sell the bag and frame only?

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device