Anyone using a leaf plow??

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by caseysmowing, Sep 14, 2012.

1. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Thinking about getting one for a ZTR to push volume to the leaf loader or curb. Would a 52in stander have enough power to push leafs without hurting it??? I already searched this topic and didn't find much.

2. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

leaves don't weigh much at all, i guess it'd depend on how much the plow weighed? Jrco makes quite a few attachments for the front of standers so i would guess it'd be ok

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah id say it would be okay as well. FWIW while I have used a leaf plow, a mower will act like a leaf plow by itself.

4. weis1

weis1 LawnSite Member

I have a jrco leaf plow and use it all fall. Works great on my zturn and would work great on a stand on. Just like plowing snow

5. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

I have 1, never been used and I am kinda out of the business paid 525, will take 400. Call me at @48--982-5263
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. wilsonsground

wilsonsground LawnSite Member

buddy of mine had the jrco plow on a 52 stander with 19hp motor...worked just fine. if theyre wet and heavy the tires will spin...but its more than plenty to more volume of leaves.

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I have a place that it turns into a foot deep of leaves. I just start plowing them. They do billow up onto your lap after a ways. After having two fires at the muffler from leaves burning, I try to limit how deep I go. It's more from backing up then anything but still, when you smell smoke and turn around to see flames, you kinda jump. LOL

8. caseysmowing

If you are the guy from up north ny or nj that has it in the equipment I was interested but you won't ship.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. caseysmowing

That is what I have wright stander eh 19 hp that's good to know it will work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. caseysmowing

Never thought of that!!
    Posted via Mobile Device