anyone using a mulch kit on a super z ?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by imograss, Jun 17, 2003.

1. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i was wondering if anyones using or have used the mulch kit on their super z. ive never used a mulch kit on a ztr, so im looking for some feedback on the pros and cons, like does it make a real mess in wet grass and does it leave clumps?
    thanks in advance for any replies, ive got the 27 kohler super z 60" deck.

2. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

Just got my new Super Z on (7-25) w/ mulch kit and gator blades yesterday. Cut one weeks growth of heavy fescue (still wet from recent rain w/in past 24 hours) and man did it cut in nice. Great finished look but I had one compliant. I was green when I finished because of front and front left blowout. I cut at 3.5" and that could be part of the problem but I'm waiting on the anti-blowout baffle to see if this cures it. Sure hope it does as I had more grass on me than after heavy trimming/edging. Other than that the thing is awesome! Had (still have) a 20HP/52" Toro Hydrowalk previuosly and man was it a pleasure not to walk!

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That is great !!
    It is great to have you as a Hustler customer.
    Thank you for your purchase.
    If you ever need anything you know where to ask.

Later
    Pj

4. NoWalk4Me

Just put on my blowout baffle that I received by UPS today from my dealer Outdoor Power Equipment in Salisbury, NC. Good people with equally good service and price. Very simple installation as my deck was predrilled completely, no pilot holes to drill-out as I had expected. No complaint (not "compliant" as my last hastily typed thread said) on the ease of instructions and install. Hope to use the Z in the next few days to test the results to see if previous problem is corrected. Will advise ASA I've checked it out. Thanks PJ for the kind welcome and the awesome BEAST!

5. NoWalk4Me

The grass dried enough to finally use the Super Z w/ the blowout baffle installed. This is a "must have" for anyone who wants to use the mulch kit. It virtually eliminated the blowout from the front of the deck. The left side still blew a little into the beds I was trimming but it was nominal. Nice cut with no bagging and I wasn't covered up w/ grass either!

6. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I will be putting one on shortly.

7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey. mowerconsultant.
    If there is a problem with blowout when using a mulch kit then why doesn't the blowout baffle come with the mulch kit?
    How much extra cost is the blowout baffle(s)?