anyone using a Pro Slide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 4, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Hey guys, anyone in here use a Pro Slide? the only question I have is, well I was told that you have to get off of them when turning. Is this true, because if so that seems more of a pain than using a Velke or a two wheeled sulky.

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you have to get off when you turn, what would be the point? yes you can turn and backup. some say you can't backup. i do, you can't back up 5 feet but you can a little. you won't be sorry if you get a proslide. worth every penny!

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

4. nobagger

from Pa

Go getter...whats your point?

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

So let me see if I have this straight.....I take the time to do what YOU should have and used the search, and instead of appreciating that, you come back with a smart ass remark instead?

You know, when I was a "newbie" here, I asked a question that had been covered a lot. A member went ahead and did a search and linked it just like I did for you.
    When I saw that he had done the search FOR me, I was embarrassed that I haden't just done it myself. I thanked him, and learned a lesson. I now perform my own searches.

What don't you understand?

6. nobagger

from Pa

gogetter your right, that was rude of me and I appologize and thank you for looking it up. I had gone there before so I should have gone there again. Duh! :)

7. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

I don't get why people always say, "that has been asked before"? True it probably has been asked before but how long ago, and why would it be a big deal to ask it again. There are always people out there that can add what they have to say, because of a new experience. What would be the point of this site if we only could research things, and not have active conversations. And no you don't have to get off the pro-slide to turn. I have one on a Bobcat walk behind and it does fine only thing is I had to add some weight to the front cause it was lifting off the ground (it did not have alot of weight in the front cause its only a 36") besides that they are great and help get things done faster, you can fly in fourth or fifth gear on flat grounds standing on one.

8. nobagger

from Pa

Thanks J.P. now I just have to find one, perfferably on ebay, do not like the dealer price tag of $300+, but if I have to I guess I will.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

No hard feelings, just trying to get the point across to newer members to try the search first, then if they don't find what they're looking for, post away!

I've been here for several years, and I STILL use the search all the time! And I almost always find what I'm looking for (and often find other helpful stuff in the process).

Didn't mean to have such an attitude, if you're still here in 3-4 years, you'll understand :D

10. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

true, I think every post has a newer "life" to it, but I am a gear freak , and just love reading all the remarks, unlike the more austere intellectuals that are satisfied with a stoic informative format.