Anyone using a Stealth Dump with a Fall cleanup Box on it???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, Sep 23, 2012.

1. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Dump insert might look a little funky.. they said it would have to sit back at least a foot to clear my bumper and hitch... It would also put me over CDL with the liquid sprayer in there...in addition to the added (unnecessary) weight under the sprayer in the winter. Actually still debating on it.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Pull the insert out in the winter, should be a couple of wiring connectors and 6-8 bolts. As high as that truck sits it should be easy. This would be cheaper and easier in the ling run with no major mods to the frame or the bed.

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

Only Problem with that is.... We do cleanups until its sooo bad that we cant do any more due to accumulated snow. 2 Years ago we did cleanups one night and the next morning we were plowing 6" of snow. Truly Sucks. In that event we would have to come back to the shop , first take off the box then take out the insert. Then finally putting the sprayer in. That is if we put a insert in the 4500.

We're still weighing our options!

4. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

How?:confused:

5. cuttin-to-the-Max

Due to weight in the winter. As i stated above i wouldnt want a 1000 gallon tank sitting ontop of a dump insert...Plus the added 650# takes away the amount of material i can carry legally and stay under CDL

6. Duffster

from Midwest

But it doesn't matter what you weight.

7. cuttin-to-the-Max

Yes it does....

I personally do not want 10,000 pounds (Tanks filled weight) sitting on a 650 pound Dump insert for 3 months. Thats just my logic. Right now we can put 850 gallons in the tank and still be under CDL (26,001)

With a insert we would "Technically" only be legally allowed to haul 785 gallons. I do not have a CDL as of right now So i have to abide by those rules.
    Feel free to PM me for more info.

8. Duffster

from Midwest

Not when it comes to CDL.

9. TempleLawnCare

TempleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Cuttin it is right, here in Mich. we are good as long as we are under 10,000lbs to my understanding, anything over you need dot stickers.......I may be wrong, please correct me if I am.

10. TempleLawnCare

TempleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Sorry guy I read your thread wrong.