Anyone using a Turf Tracker?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by slow release, Feb 27, 2005.

1. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

I've read endless threads about PG's vs. Z-Sprays and was curious if anyone has/is using a Turf Tracker. It's made by C&S Turf Equiptment. It is built on a Dixie Chopper. Has a front mount hopper, 30 gal. spray tank under(where the mower deck would be) and break away booms on the back. We have two and although pricier than a PG or Z-spray, it is a much better piece of equiptment(IMO)NEVER have any problems with them other than normal wear and tear.

Just curious!

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Why do you think you don't hear so much about the Turf Tracker in this debate? I think it is because the PG is a very well marketed piece of equipment and there are alot of them out there. Conversly, the Z-Spray is not as well marketed but has an outstanding performance and reliabity record that has created a number of very entustiastic owners who want to tell others how outstanding this machine is. I have demo'd virtually every piece of equipment in this catagory (including the Turf Tracker) and am a little miffed by you asertation that the Turf Tracker is a "much better piece of equipment". How much time have you spent on a Z-Spray? I realize you are kinda new to this site and might have missed alot of the discussion on the sprayer/spreader debate, but because of it I will again mention that I own (and can prove it ) two PG's and one Z-Spray, and am not employeed or sponsered in anyway by LT Rich Products, and include myself in the enthustiastic Z-Spray owner group who doesn't understand why you would consider anything else.

3. slow release

I guess I should have worded it differently.I wasn't trying to spark another debate as to which was better, only wondering if anyone else was using one.
    You say that you demo'd one, what did you think?

4. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

5. slow release

It has enough nut to pull a Ryan 36" aerator around all day in the fall with no problems. Did you demo the Turf Tracker Jr? :confused:

6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I used (didn't own) the Turf Tracker for fert, and pulling the aerator as well working for Scott's. The TT works well on flat areas, but it can't handle banks, inclines, or wet ground as well as the PG, and PG's aren't that good on hills.

7. Decali

Decali LawnSite Member

I've got a Turf Tracker.

If you're still thinking about one get in touch with me and I'll let you know about the pros and especially the cons.

8. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

I would love to talk to you about C & S, can you post your email addy and I will send you mine?

9. Decali

Decali LawnSite Member

PM me your email address and I'll get in touch.

10. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

cant do PM, not sure why, but my email is Rothmansns400r at aol.com