Anyone Using ACES II Diesel Additive

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawnjockey51, Jan 3, 2006.

1. lawnjockey51

lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member

I read an artilce in TURF a while back about new Fuel & Oil additives called ACES II & ACES III. I spoke with one of the co-owners of the company at length this morning and was wondering if anyone here is using their products.

Apparently the 2006 Clean Air rules will be forcing fuel companies to reduce the amount of sulpher in the deisel fuel. This is supposed to cause more heat and friction which is not a good thing for a diesel engine.

I am NOT a mechanic by any means, I just want to know if anyone has heard of these products and has tried, or is using them on a regular basis.

2. egbaker

egbaker LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I am sorry I haven't used any of the ACES products but I have used a good diesel fuel conditioner and I feel it is usually worth it.
    I used Amsoil Fuel conditioner in a Datsun Maxima diesel I owned from 1984 to 1998. I sold it with 135,000 miles on it. I used about 4 oz of the conditioner with nearly every fillup (10 gal). I never had to touch the fuel system or the injectors and it never smoked, and never burned oil.
    I had several dealers say to me that many of these Maxima Diesels need to have the injectors cleaned at around 60k.
    I feel the additive which was designed to clean the injectors among other things made the difference. The car ran flawlessly and got around 35 mpg.
    I suggest you try to find a good reputable brand conditioner or you can use the ACES if you can get some unbiased evaluations from the net or diesel dealers.

3. lawnjockey51

Thanks. That is what I am looking for now, but it doesn't appear to be a hot seller yet. Anyone else?

4. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I tried adding fingernail polish remover and like it.

5. lawnjockey51

"I tried adding fingernail polish remover and like it."

To what, the glue you sniff in the morning?:gunsfirin

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I use only "Diesel Klean" in the trucks. Grey bottle for summer, white bottle for winter. I get better mileage when I use it and seat of the pants feels stronger acceleration. Bumps centene up, cleans injectors and the white bottle is an anti-gel.

7. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

I read the same article and was going to ask the same question. The ACES fule additive is for better mileage, not as a cleaner if I remember the article right. I also remember reading that you cannot get it over the counter yet and have to order it directly from the company that makes it.

From the article it seemed that vehicles are getting a lot better mileage using the ACE product. It combines with the diesel and makes it burn cleaner and longer.

If anyone knows anything else about this I'd sure like to know more about it.

8. lawnjockey51

As I said, I spoke to one of the owners of the business at length. He called me back when I left message. I have to wonder, if they are doing so good, what is a co-owner doing calling me back when I called their customer service number. We discussed every aspect of their products ACES II for the diesel fuel and ACES III for an oil additive. Sounds great but I am a little skeptical.

It's kind of like "The good news is an owner called me back and talked to me for 20 minutes ... and the bad news is an owner called me back and talked to me for twenty minutes."

There must be 5000 people on this site that have diesels, yet only two of us has heard about the stuff.

By the way, the diesel additive (ACES II) is $260.00 per gallon. I believe that the rate of application is 2 or 4 ounces for every fifteen gallons of fuel.
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

10. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I have used the ACES additive, Power Saver, Lucas and a few others I cant remember.
    The Lucas biodegradable is what I currently use, and I have noticed less water in my fuel filter, better fuel economy and lower temps on the highway while pulling.
    When you are talking modern chemistry, most of this additives are not snake oils by any means.
    I use the Lucas as it is what has performed best in my powerstroke.
    Perhaps your motor is different.