Anyone using B or BX Kubotas? Need help buying.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by scottese, Nov 23, 2004.

1. scottese

scottese LawnSite Member
    from Bear,DE

Hi guys! This a great forum. I have been reading for a few weeks, and there are some very talented and knowledgable people here.

I am looking for some help with a purchase. I am looking at either a BX2230 or B7510 Kubota Tractor (or maybe something else if it is a better fit). Let me tell you a little about myself, maybe it will help with the advice.

I am a general contractor, and I do hardscaping, brick, block and cultured stone veneer. I also do some landscaping (larger trees, grading, and sod)
    I just bought a new house with about an acre. 50/50 wooded and grass. The woods will be getting cleared and an inground pool installed with pavers, walls, etc. I currently pay to have my lawn taken care of, but I only have a .25 acre lot. I would like to be able to take care of my property as well as use the machine commercially. Hopefully this gives a little background and helps out. I also have a bobcat, so I am not concerned about loader work as much as other things a tractor would be used for.

So basically my want list of abilities is this:

1. Mow my lawn, aprox 3/4 acres when finished.
    2. Clearing of the wooded land on my property (the ability to pull a rake)
    3. Snow removal in winter (commercially)
    4. Digging footers and excavating for wall base.
    5. Setting base when the bobcat won't work.
    6. Ripping up old concrete. (demo)

So what do you guys think? Can I get this all in one tractor?

Thanks in advance.

I am thinking that the B7510 is really what I need, but will it be too big to mow with?

2. HotMetal

HotMetal LawnSite Member

Have a B7500 and it is a better lawnmower than my 1970 JD 110. Only issues are a tight turn will scuff the grass with the front wheels and this yard was not set up for a machine of this size (have 1 acre now and moving to a 2 acre lot soon).

Limited use at this time, but does a nice job smoothing the driveway with FEL.

A blower, front or rear should work good for snow removal, blowing it clear of drives to prevent drifting in, a future purchase. Think it should do a good job on snow at the new lot but too big for the existing drive, keeping the JD for that for the time being.

Have a 48" tiller and it walks thru heavy clay soil and 10 year old grass seeded areas no problem.

Planning on a blade to make a new driveway and landscaping use on new lot starting next summer.

Like the larger frame and 3 pt capacity over th BX series.