Anyone using Blackberries, Treos, etc?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grasssin, Jun 18, 2005.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Did a search and the most recent was a year ago.. I am interested in getting a blackberry to use in the field instead of having to write everything down and then losing that certian piece of paper. I would rather have a notebook computer out in the field but until then this will have to do.

If you use one what are the applications that you use it for and your opinion if it is worth it...

thanks

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I use a PalmOne Tungsten E PDA to carry all my business work. The notepad is used to jot down enough so I can make a memo entry on the PC when I get home. The notepad info is hot-synched for easy access on the PC. The memo is downloaded into the PDA for easy access when on the road. The task feature does all the scheduling.

I formerly used a three-ring binder to do all the same things. Now, all the info is on the PDA. Much simpler to use.

3. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

I like the Trio 650 or the Zier 72.

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I was using a Palm, but dumbed it down alot this year by using a digital voice recorder. I can instantly record all my memos and job specs / measurements, and play it back at night to enter everything on my schedule. Its alot faster than using the Palm.

5. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

I just bought a palm (Tungsten E2) to estimate jobs with, as well as keep notes, contact info and such. I thought it would be easier to use the excel spreadsheets on the PDA rather than doing the math on paper or at home.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi grasssin,

I just recently got an image of what is our soon to be released Gopher Palm version. Here is a video training movie link you can review.

[​IMG]

7. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

COOL :cool2:
    Would love to try it!

8. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

now if this was only made for windows based pda's you would really have something.

Steve