Anyone using Fastrack, clipping question

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by tonym10, Jun 15, 2004.

1. tonym10

tonym10 LawnSite Member
    from pa

I have 1 acre that I cut once per week. I use a Walker 16hp 42".
    It works incredibly but I have to empty the grass collection container. I would like to just cut the grass and not empty anything. How do side discharge mowers eliminate the clippings from clumping or being visible? The mower I would consider getting would be a Fastrack, but only if I know the clippings become invisible. And if they do , what about in the fall when the leaves fall, my Walker sucks them up, what would the Fastrack do?
    Thanks

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

all mowers can do that. If you cut it atleast 1 time a week. For leaves i usually run dubs or i pick them up with the grasshoppers. At a usually 4 inches or so so i get mostly leaves and try to stay away from bagging the grass. You will find out that most people do not bag on here its a waste of time and its better to re feed the grass.

3. tonym10

tonym10 LawnSite Member
    from pa

What are dubs?
    And as far as a waste of time, I know, I hate the time it takes to drive to the end of field and dump then restart cutting.
    So you are saying that the clippings become non-visible?
    Do you side dicharge or use mulching set?

4. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

Purchased new 20/52 F/T last week. Cut Tall Fescue lawn 2x since purchase with mulch kit installed using blades that came with unit from Hustler. (Dealer didn't have Gator blades in stock at time of purchase). Anyway, blades did a great job and left few clippings. Can't wait to try with Gator blades. Humboldt Manufacturing makes two different styles of baggers for F/T. One is side bag the other is rear bag w/blower. Check out 3rd party website for more information on baggers:
    http://www.toolrealm.com/l/Lawn_Mow..._for_the_Hustler_FasTrak_Mower_B0002BQECA.htm

5. chuckers

double blades you run 2 blades on 1 spindle. So it looks like an X. I run high lifts at the bottom and gators at the top. It helps big time also i side discharge never mulch to much power. You also have to slow down. I am going to buy a set of meg mo's soon. So i will let you know how that does they are spost to be the best blades on the market.

6. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

Recommend replace bolt which secures blade to spindle with bolt 1/4" longer in length of same grade if operating with double blade setup.

7. chuckers

yes also becareful it adds stress also

8. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

The FasTrac is certainly a capable cutter, but not in the same league as a Walker. Why not first try discharging with it (or see if a mulching kit is available)? Even adding the available 42" mulching deck would probably be a better choice.
    P.S. If you're trading in your used Walker for a new FasTrack, make sure that you also come away with a fatter wallet. Good luck...

9. tonym10

tonym10 LawnSite Member
    from pa

Thanks, I think I will check into the mulching deck available for the Walker. Has anyone ever used it or know how much t cost?

10. Counter

Counter LawnSite Member