Anyone Using Gps Device?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Rick.ULS, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Rick.ULS

Rick.ULS LawnSite Member

JUST CURIOUS TO SEE IF ANYONE IS USING A GPS DEVICE IN YOUR TRUCK(S) TO AID IN FINDING LOCATIONS, GETTING AROUND HEAVY TRAFFIC CONGESTION, ETC. I AM DEBATING ON A PURCHASE, AND CURIOUS TOFIND OUT IF THEY ARE WORTH THE $$. THANKS FOR THE INFO.
    RICK :confused:

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a Garmin and yes its worth the money, just get the address and your ready to go. never have to worry about getting lost and many GPS's have alot of function and memory so they are very usefull.

3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

PLEASE DO NO TYPE IN CAPS IT MEANS YOUR YELLING. Not trying to be an A-Hole, but we can read lowercase letters just fine.

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

That is funny - CAPS = YELL TIME!!=))

I would like it, never had it, but I am looking at a phone system for each truck so I can track the guys route, no when, where, that truck has been, for how long and see just how tight I can run things.

Bad thing is I have checked and in my little area of the world - that service is $$$$$$$$$$

5. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Garmin c330, easy and inexpensive unit. Works great!!!!

6. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and love it, theyre definetly worth the money now that they're selling them for about $150, i have a Cobra and its awesome. I use it to find addresses and also for trips, just take it out and switch cars is easy.

7. Rick.ULS

Rick.ULS LawnSite Member

Hey, sorry about the caps lock being on, wasn't really thinking about it. Didn't mean to yell ! Thanks for the info on the GPS equipment.

Rick

8. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a garmin nuvi 650, i think its a really good unit. i think the magellan mystro 4040 is also a great unit. i just chose the garmin because of longer battery time.

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

verizon and nextel both have products like you're talking about that run through the cell system.

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I use one for determining the size of yard. One for tracking the guys and making a tighter route. use the garmin rhino when we are on the large props to comunicate and see where every on is at. saves walking.