Anyone Using Hover Mowers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, Feb 28, 2006.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

these seem like a good idea - but - i've gotten stuck witha couple of "good ideas" - any one use one??? they seem like they would be great for ditches etc.

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Pete, we use them over here. I have a couple of accounts with large bank road frontages, and the hover mowers are great on them. It reduces the liabilty factor from the trimmers running wide open alongside traffic, too. We purchased a new Husky HVT52 last fall on Ebay, and actually have an older Flymo mower getting ready to go for sale on Ebay if you are interested.

3. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

I use them too in the UK for the same reason, ditches, gradients
    stand at the top with mower on a long rope, much safer. We use Flymo or Allen as they have been taken over.

4. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I use them all the time on golf course ive worked on for bank mowing.. huge time saver.. and also are great machiness... we have a bunch of allens and they are great...

5. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

impactlandscaping - how much are you wanting for your flymo hover mower? Also, can you please email me a picture or two of it? THANKS!

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, don't use them but I am beginning to think I should.

7. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

Well I thought I had seen it all till I looked on Ebay in the UK Flymo Ride on!

8HP B&S 32"" cut, currently $800 approx with 4 hrs to go, do I need it? :)

Ride on Flymo.JPG

8. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a eastman hover mower. I have a couple of wet ditches and some lake front properties that the mower is used for. It works but it is more of a novelty. When or if it ever dies out I won't bother buying another one.