1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using Kawasaki KTF27A trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllAmericanlawn, Mar 9, 2011.

1. AllAmericanlawn

AllAmericanlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Want to know any experiences or details about this trimmer. How do they stack up to other trimmers. Looking at possibly buying one. Wanting a lighter trimmer.

2. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's one of their models not available for sale in California.

That must mean it spews out massive amounts of pollution. :D

3. osr001

osr001 LawnSite Member

This will be my second season with mine and I love it. Plenty of power and light too, around 10# I believe. No problems so far and fires up easily. Over the past 20+ years I have run Kawasaki powered handhelds and they have always been my favorite! If you do buy one PM me and I will tell you how to "tweek" the carb for max performance.

4. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Love mine super light and lots of power got from mayo price was 306$ got a video of it on youtube and it allways starts frist pull

5. cdjones

cdjones LawnSite Member

Have several of them solid piece of equipment no complaints here.

6. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

what is your youtube channel?

7. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

purchased two last year and love them. They are very powerful and lightweight and put the echo's I have to shame.

8. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I have the Kawi KBL26A and it's the lighest, quietest, and best running trimmer I own. I wish my Stihl's ran half as good. However, it's a dog on power and I mean really weak!!! The bump heads on Kawi's are pure junk and the designer should be shot. I have more probs with the head and the Stihl heads are simple and never act up. I have tried for two years to find a replacement head but the threads that feed into the head are so small, nothing fits it. I think the Kawi's only come with these heads and that's enough to keep me away, no matter how good it runs.

9. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i use a honda trimmer...it's gas only 4 stroke...cranks first pull every time even after sitting all winter

10. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I wanted that trimmer, I'd have to have it sent to my buddy in Missouri and then ask him to forward it to California. :D