Anyone using oregon blade spindles?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tony b, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I was wrong about the OEM Exmark spindles they do come packed with grease. I just went out to the shop and looked and sure enough it was stamped "Oregon". I was almost 100% sure the spindle came in an Exmark box!!!

2. tony b

tony b LawnSite Member

I don't buy anything from my local dealers anymore except stihl trimmers and toro 21's. I bought 4 shindaiwa 802's last yr from Wise Sales and saved $460. I usually buy all my exmark's bank repo with very low hrs or someone who doesn't want to make the payment anymore (no I don't take over payments). I understand my local dealer only buys so much and pay a higher price etc. etc. but that doesn't feed my family or my 401k. If my dealer wants $81 for a spindle I can buy for $40 without leaving the house ($4 a gal gas) then I'm a fool for giving him my business. About 5 yrs ago I finally wised up to a few things. I just wish it wouldn't have taken me 15 yrs of getting screwed over to get there. Anyway if your dealer is charging exmark retail for aftermarket parts I would start buying online unless you have to have it "yesterday". Just my .02

3. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I purchase almost exclusively online.

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^^ same here ^^^^^^^

5. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I rebuild my spindles with aftermarket bearings. Cheap. Ten bucks a spindle for a Great Dane and a little more for a Scag. Those damn factory spindles with no grease fittings; well I have a trick for them. I drill out a hole in the housing, thread it, and put a grease fitting in it. I haven't bought an entire spindle assembly in five years or so. I'm no accomplished mechanic either.

6. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

I would add Ferris to the list, Ferris clearly being #1.