Anyone Using Smaller Trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matt Mow's, Oct 18, 2011.

1. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

SRM 210. Best trimmer for the money. Very light and plenty of power for weekly accounts. Little underpowered for overgrown properties though. If I would of known echo was discontinuing this trimmer for the 225 awhile back, I would of bought 2 or 3 of them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

What are the differences between the 210 and 225?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

15, duh! :laugh:

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

For the most part the 225 is all we use. Light and get the job done for normal resi work.

5. FlatBillynSC

FlatBillynSC LawnSite Member
    from SC

I have a Husqvarna 125L that I bought as a back-up and it is light and does good with regular trimming. It is very light as well.

6. Matt Mow's

Matt Mow's LawnSite Member

I'm not sure if there are any differences between the 210 and the 225. They are both 21.2 cc and weigh the same. My dad has the 210 and I have the 225 and I can't tell a difference between them. The 210 just has a different handle.

7. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

I have the 225 which is the newer model mine is two years old and it runs great,i love it..it's an awesome trimmer and i got a used 260 about a month..it's great too,Love Echos!!

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I enjoy the lighter weight of the 210 over the 230 or my PAS 265 but the 230 goes through noticeably less fuel and has more gusto to do the vertical summer burn free edging [around sidewalks and driveways etc.] I’m famous for in this area. :)

Very, very few other companies edge like me. Most LCO’s here tapper down to ZERO like a Marines haircut with a touch of moss or a unsightly transition to ugly brownish summer burn. :hammerhead:

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I have two srm-225s, a 210 and a 265. I love my echos
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 2stroked

2stroked LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of those, great trimmer! lol