Anyone using the Kawasaki KBL27B? What's the power output of this engine?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Apr 27, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have a KGT27 and love it. I have an employee that used it one day and has kind of hung onto it, so I will be buying one or two more. Yes the power to weight is fantastic. I do not know if the weight is with the gaurd or not {take mine off anyway} but a 10 pound - 1.6hp machine is hard to beat in my opinion. I have had almost all brands at one time or another and for price, weight and power this is by far my favorite. I have one Husqvarna that is light but can not match the power of the Kaw.

3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

My advice, spend a LITTLE more and get a KGT27A - outstanding value and power. :usflag:

4. tb8100

from TX

same engine? Kawasaki talks about their special "air/fuel" engine that's supposed to be 25% more efficient.

Is there some sort of literature that shows it to be a 1.6hp?

5. Turf Dawg

I have never found the HP rating on there site but that is what they claim in there in there ads {like turf magazine} and after using one I would say they would be pretty close.

6. tb8100

from TX

Cool. Do they do well on fuel? I see they have smaller fuel tanks than most.

7. Turf Dawg

I really do not know about fuel. Seems to be fine. I think the smaller tank was to help with the weight. I think all my trimmers have different size tanks I know my Redmaxs seem to last the longest but the tanks are huge.

8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have no idea what any of my trimmers, blowers, or edgers get fuel economy wise, but I do know my Kaw solid shaft trimmers have plenty of guts and are light. They are a good tool.

My guys prefer the Echo 261 T High Torque's, while I favor the Kaw's, but my favorite for a quality trimmer is the T270 Shindaiwa. It is heavy, but smooth and powerful.

9. tb8100

from TX

Yeah the Pro Torque Echos are incredible. Do you prefer the Kaws for the weight, smoothness, or ?? I guess weight, if you prefer the Shindy for smoothness/power.

10. tb8100

from TX

Oh, aren't the KGT27s hollow shaft models?