Anyone Using the Nikon D3100 Camera?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by JimLewis, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

#2 and #8 are your best ones in my opinion. The others seem to underexposed and dark.

3. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

Thanks....

4. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

Wait, I think the numbers and the new ones are confusing so I just renumbered 1-9....
    Please take a look now to see which looks good..thanks

5. Lite4

Yep, still 2 and 8

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

#2 & #8 are the ones I liked. They used to be #6 and #7 before, I believe. But now #2 and #8 are the ones I like.

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Here are a few of the first batch I took with my new camera settings. Unfortunately, the camera battery ran out of juice within 15 minutes of when I started. So I wasn't able to mess with the settings too much or take several different photos under different settings. I was only able to get a few. I'll return to this job later and get a lot more, since there were way more areas that I could have taken pictures of but never got to them before the battery died.

I think my photo taking skills and lighting design skills are improving over time. But still learning.... Let me know what you all think of these. Any tips are appreciated.

PelserB.jpg

PelserI.jpg

PelserG.jpg

PelserH.jpg

PelserJ.jpg

PelserEE.jpg

8. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

Ok thanks guys.
    The lighting looks better in person, but im happy with the pics at this point.
    Any suggestions on the lighting?

9. Lite4

Looks Good Jim,

I like the trachycarpus you lit. Good to see you pushing the envelope of plant material a bit. I planted some back in Idaho and they did fine with winter protection. Probably 2 climate zones difference.

10. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

Nice.....Good pics too