1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

I've not tried drilling holes in a blade but think it would require a specialty bit.

2. Kingfish

Kingfish LawnSite Member

it was humid today and the discharge suffered.it still cut good.

3. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

It was slack at work today,so I looked at the G6s to see where some weight could be removed and it hit me:hammerhead: Took about two hours using a bench grinder and lots of sweat but the final product looked slimmed up and ready for business.
    The motor ran much smoother,motor response was a little quicker and the motor was able to rev a little higher up in RPM range.,which was my goal to achieve after the initial run with the G6s.
    My neighbor hasn't mowed his grass in quite some time,so I took the liberty to make a trail run using the G6s:) and the motor took a subtle drop in RPMs but man the Snapper just kept jugging along spitting out fine dusted grass clippings,those blades truly perform past most expectations,noisy as heck but you get used to it.
    The cutting quality is great,no more second passes cutting down on gas expenses, the suction these blades generate is unbelievable and I'm grinning from ear to ear listening to all the action taking place under the deck:laugh: and most important,I didn't see one stringer standing. I found my replacement bladesThumbs Up I'd still like to up the displacement sometime soon though.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Why are they louder??

Did you balance them?

5. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

They have a higher lift, plus those BIG GATOR TEETH sticking out in the air stream may contribute to some of the noise:)
    No, I didn't need to re-balance the blades,got lucky I guess.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well, they don't come balanced.

1 out of 10 blades I get new is balanced close enough to use.

7. Mtnmn

Mtnmn LawnSite Member

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL STANDING BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT, AND PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!:cool2::weightlifter::drinkup:

8. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

Oregon OEP, I've been looking for after market blades for my exmark PHAZER 34'' the blade size is 17-1/2 w/ 5/8 center hole, I would love to find some gator G6's in that size. I found 17-1/2 w/ 15/16 center hole not 5/8 center hole. P.S. just got 3 sets of g6's (9 blades)for my for my 60'' toro grandstand they work great!! Any help would be really appreciated

9. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

It is never advised to drill holes in our blades. This changes and possibly compromises the structural integrity if the metal and can lead to stress fractures and possible breakage. All holes and notches are stamped in the blade before heat treating.

10. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Unfortunately because Toro uses the blade saddles our 3" wide blades will not work. We need the 3" so we can get the higher lift formed. Does the Grandstand not havethese saddles?