Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

None of our turboforce toro decks have blade saddles,i have some g6 blades and they are great for anything BUT thick spring grass.use them for fall cutting mostly
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

The weight of the blade is the one biggest concern it seems. We will over the next year introduce a new line called the G5 that will have all the same features but will be built of slightly thinner steel to help the weight issue.
  3. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Hi Brad, the Gator G6's are a hot item and we well a lot. If you wanted to compare prices check us out at our website.

4. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

Dennis, it's great when a major manufacturer consults with users about product design.

Surely a thicker blade will last longer through repeated sharpenings. Can the weight not be reduced by shaping cutouts (indentations? not sure of the right term) to remove metal from areas where it's not needed, such as along the trailing edge, maybe nearer the hub where the mulching teeth aren't needed?
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

More machining equals higher cost. That and my Dixie spins them just fine. :)
  6. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

You mean for those mowers with no baws? :laugh::laugh:

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have troubles running .203 Factory Fusion High Lifts solid foils on my SuperZ!!!

I just got a set of the G6' are they a stoudt blade. Should work well for leaf season! Hopefully the 28EFI Kohler can spin them fast enough to mulch the leaves!
  8. landpride

landpride LawnSite Member

Dennis, please post when these new G5's become available. Want to try them instead of the G6's.
  9. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

I will update everyone as these come available. As for removing material like Richard said it does add cost but more importantly if would make the blade less structurally sound. Most likey these would not pass the stake test.( A test where we turn the blades a full RPM and pop a 1" steel rod into its path. The blade can bend and deform but must not break, crack or loose any mass)
  10. fatsix

fatsix LawnSite Member

How about a Video?