Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

which blade or what number blade fits the Snapper Pro S200X with the iCD deck?

2. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

Actually the extra machining evolved to lighten the G6 wouldn't add one cent cuz I've already modified my G6s to lighten the load,we're not talking poundage here but enough to know some weights been removed and I did experienced some improvement. The factory CNC machine is already set up for one cut and might have to reprog for the final cut,nothing drastic here:)

3. Snapper Jack

I've already lightened my G6s and have run'em for about a week now and I'm still walking with my own feet:laugh: If you'd like I could attempt to post a shot of them over the week-end. It's rather a quit simple task to perform without compromising blade structural integrity or raising the bar of liability.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i am not sure what issues you guys are having, i have them on a 48in deck with 24hp and they spin just fine, n o issues.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

:rolleyes::dizzy::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Must be nice!

14hp 48" SCAG WB....not enough power.

28hp 60" SuperZ.....not enough power for STOCK blades let alone these!

6. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

My 60'' 26hp GS spins them just fine too.

P.S. just found out the throttle was only opening up 3/4 , 3400rpm pulled the cable tightened the screw now I'm right at 3600!! :clapping: dealers?

7. Snapper Jack

The best example given in this thread was in reference to trimmer line diameter and its effects on power output. There has to be a balance factor to over come mass gains or efficiency is going to suffer.

8. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

My 14 HP Scag 36" has no problem spinning them. Though the grass is far from thick here now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. bradsmowing

bradsmowing LawnSite Member

I got my new g6 gator blades today cant wait to try them tomarro

10. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Got my G6 blades today and cut my wet field .The deck did clog some and the rpms were down 150 compared to the lighter high lifts I run.Now I want to test them in dryer tall growth to see if they relieve double cutting.BTW the conditions on this field were quite bad (wet) and most blades would have issues.

2011-08-26_19-09-19_269.jpg

2011-08-26_18-51-48_86.jpg

2011-08-26_18-50-30_265.jpg