Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish LawnSite Member

cool thanks

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Well not new one but new ones still look like old ones
    I dont like them reason is lower suction rate
    I sold a few sets to people and they never want to buy more after useing them

3. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

I just put a set on last week. I think they are g6 style. The suction is pretty unbelieveable. There is a sudden dust storm now. The grass catcher is packing really good again. The cut is very good in tall grass and excellent on my weeky cuts. I just put them on as they came. I am very happy with them.

4. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

What site did you buy the g6 gators from. Do you know if they make one for the single bladed toro 32?

5. Kingfish

Kingfish LawnSite Member

Landscaperpro.com is who i used.i just got my set.update soon.

6. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

When say 15-21/32" what does that mean. how would it read for a single 32 in blade
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. The hi-lift G6 blades for my Bob-Cat really are hi-lift. I tried one set of the previous hi-lift Gators and there is no comparison. The older blades aren't as wide and the larger and wider blades are a lot more beefy and offer a lot more lift. They are also harder to spin than the non-G6 blades.

8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

They are referring to the measurement from one corner at one end to the oposite corner at the oposite end. (diagonally)

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's what I was wondering about. How much difference was there between your old blades (or the oem blades) and the G6's? Was/is it enough to slow you down in certain situations?
    Thanks.

10. fireman1000

fireman1000 LawnSite Member

I have a Tiger Cub with 48" deck and haven't been able to locate a G6 blade for it. I've even looked on oregon's web site and don't see one listed. Has anybodyelse found one? All help is appreciated.