Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

If any of you make it to the GIE Expo this week please stop by the inside Oregon® booth and say hello. It would be great to meet you in person.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Are you giving away free samples? Any chance drawings?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

That is all handled by the marketing team and I haven't heard what they are doing. I am sure they will be giving samples of our new trimmer line and some other things. Don't know about any drawings. They have me there to answer questions since I have 40 plus years in the industry.

4. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Threw the new G6's on...

I can honestly say these are the absolute best blades I have ever used in all conditions.

Great job on them!

Oh btw, using them on a 52" bad boy with a 23hp engine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Free chunks of FUSION!!??

Solid would be preferred. Liquid gets messy.

6. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Just got to use the G6's in leaves for the first time, and am very happy with them. They did a really good job of chopping the leaves to "nothing" in just a few passes.
    Stan

7. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine, I put them on my 26/52 Snapper Pro. The only problem I had was with the high lifts,the mulching part of the blade destroyed part of hte baffle near the discharge. I didnt know it had done it until I changed the blades, but somehow, about 1/4" of the top of the blade caught the baffle and bent it all up. Good news though...it doesnt hit anymore. haha

8. K-OS

K-OS LawnSite Member

Even despite the suggestion not to use the g6 on John Deeres Mulch on Demand deck, I tried it and it works awesome for leaves. They are friggin noisy but when i close the chute, one pass turns leaves into dust. There is a little blowout around the deck and it leaves a stripe of powdered leaves, but it is easily erased with a 2 pass open chute technique. I am very happy, too bad these blades are so hard to find in quebec, canada.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I order my G6's from mowpart - one of the sponsors of this site, they are reasonably priced, and I usually have them in 2-3 days. Easy online ordering. Thanks, Brad

10. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in. Ordered part # 396-729, 20", 1/2" center for my 52" Grasshopper midmount. Bought them from Stonewell Trading in Homer Mi. Ordered 10/25/11 about 9am and got the blades today 10/26/11 via UPS. Fast shipper!