1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. tyler_mott85

tyler_mott85 LawnSite Senior Member

2. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

g6 blades are all 3" wide so if you have a saddle that is smaller on you mower, they wont fit.

3. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

4. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

I searched for a part number to fit on a Toro G3 with a 60" Turbo Force deck and could not find one. Fed up, I call the customer service number for Oregon and the Tech rep stated that these would not fit due to the 3" width. This that correct?

Has anyone tried to run these on a Toro?

pete

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we have them on toro, but not 60in. they will work if they are made. no reason to not.

6. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

ple69 yes that is correct they will not fit if you blade is not 3"

7. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Grassman can you or ple_1969 confirm for me that your mowers do NOT have the blade saddles that hold the blades? All our of information shows them to have that restriction on width so the 3" wide material would not fit.

8. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

I need to check, this is a new mower to me and I'm not 100% familiar with it. If I cannot use the G6 blade, what would be the next best gator blade with similar qualities to the G6?

Pete

9. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

For the Toro mowers we have the Gator Mulcher® Magnum blades. They are built of the 1/4" thick steel but they do not have the Fusion® or extra high lift features of the G6™ blades.

10. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

Oregon OEP - I took a picture of under the deck and I don't see the saddles that you refer to. This is a 2011 TORO G3 High Performance model with the 60" Turbo Force Deck.

Since this does not have the saddles would the same blades for the Exmark (396-740) work here?

Pete

Deck.jpg