Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

\

Yes, from Stonewell. My first experience with them and I was impressed with the quickness of delivery.

I hope you get your order resolved, I know sometimes an order can "fall through the cracks" and be lost.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Seeing as how I was promoting them to you here, I am curious if you have had the chance to try them yet, and what you think about them.

3. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Yes give me a call or PM and I will check it for you.

4. whaler's Mow-Town

whaler's Mow-Town LawnSite Member

I had to send Stonewell an email about my order and it seems they failed to notify me that my blades are backordered. Like I said, I'm prolly closer to 4 weeks :/
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Checked again on back ordered G5 blades and they're saying they aren't able to give me an idea even on when we may see them. May have to purchase some other brand to get by.

6. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Can you give me the part number you have on order?

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

PM sent. Thanks

8. jkingrph

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

The weedy stems was what I was wondering about. I have found that they really tear the weedy/stiff stalked stuff to shreds compared to other blades. I have a neighbor who has a front yard full of Buckhorn Plantain, and that crap has about as stiff a stalk as anything. It also likes to bend over with the front skirt of the deck and not come back up until after you pass. The G6's not only did a great job of cutting them off cleanly in one pass, but they also tear the long cut-off stalks to little pieces.

10. jkingrph

Nothing woody down here yet, but it will not be long until the bahia starts.

Right now all we are seeing are dandelions and a lot of them. Never in my life have I seen so many. It makes me wonder if it was not a combination of the extreme hot dry summer and very warm winter.. I have a semi rural property so keeping a pure stand of anything is all but impossible.