Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Here is a comparison to the Gator Mulcher® Magnum to the G6™.

g6 comparison.jpg

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Thanks. Are those just stock pics, or are they actually the blades for the 7 Iron? I have noticed at my local dealer that gator magnum blades for different brands of machines seem to have different lift fin heights.
    I am curious as to just exactly what the ones for 7 Iron look like. I have OEM high lifts on it now, which have a very high fin/sail, and they work awsome, but if I can get a G6 that has roughly the same lift fin height, I am more than willing to try them out.:)

3. Kingfish

Kingfish LawnSite Member

so far i'm very happy with the time i have had with them:).

4. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Those are general stock. The Magnum's did vary alot from blade to blade but the G6 are all very close to the same as this picture. There is a slight tolerance but not much. What size cut do you have?

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I have a 60" 7 Iron.

6. 360 Lawn Service

360 Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Will the G5 still have the durability (cutting edge) of the G6? If the steel will be lighter, then I assume the metallurgy will change.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Kingfish

Kingfish LawnSite Member

Being lighter(G5) they will spin faster then the G6's:) more balde speed is good.

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That may not necessarily be correct. A lighter blade will get to speed faster, but that's only a fraction of a minute at best anyway. The heavier blade has noticably more mass, and once you get it spinning at full rpm, it will take much more to drag it down in rpm's than the lighter one will (as in thick damp grass, or sod type grass that is very thick). Mass equals more consistant rpm on the blade compared to a lighter blade. All this is provided of course, that you machine has the engine hp to run them efficiently in the first place.

9. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

The steel and all features will be the same. Instead of being 0.250" thick like the G6™ the G5™ will be 0.203" or less.

10. Kingfish

Kingfish LawnSite Member

My 25 hp mower handles them with no problems at all.thank you.