Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

I have several bi-weekly accounts and I can assure you that the G6's won't vaporize the clippings nor reduce clumping issues with your type of deck,especially when you're cutting fescue,been there and done everything imaginable with those G6's,doubles ,low lifts,mid lifts but G'6s on bottom with a low lift on top gave the best over all cut,along with dispersal when double cutting.

2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I will keep my fingers crossed that my mowers one of the 60 and that I can actually get em orderd and in time for leaves !

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Any chance of G5/G6 blades will be available in a 5/8" spindle with diagonal measurement in the 15.125" or even.15.5". Looking for ones for a BOP Quick 44.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Asked our dealer for a price on G6 blades today for our Ferris, $32 plus tax each. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I will be ordering them from www.expressmowerparts.com I can get two sets for the price of one.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Make sure you check with the guys in the link Richard Martin posted above too. They're hard to beat usually.

6. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Will do, Thanks.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I thought it was a sin to not support your local dealer, regardless of the price? :nono:

8. PLS-Tx

from Texas

That's jk right?

9. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Ordered two sets of G6 today, can't wait to try them out.

10. hoozwad

hoozwad LawnSite Member

Dang!! Yes, I was hoping for a magic bullet and that the G6 blades would at least pulverize, if not vaporize, the clippings as well as evenly distribute them across the discharge area. Oh well, guess I'll have to face reality. Thanks for the feedback. To clarify, when you ran with G6's on the bottom and low lifts on the top, did you still have to double cut?