Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

AWESOME! Let us know how they work out!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Will do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

The G-6 do great on most Northern grasses no so much on loaded crabgrass but not any worse than any other blade Ive used.

4. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

I think a lot of how the Gs do on QOC has to do with the deck design. On my X Factor deck they were very unimpressive but on my Encore 36" hydro walk behind they are super sweet.

5. luxurylawnsbyJB

luxurylawnsbyJB LawnSite Member

jumping into this thread a little late... sorry if it has already been posted, but what G6 blades work with the JD 7 Iron decks on the 900 series mowers.... 54 inch. I am mowing Bahia grass mostly.. 3 days a week.

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

JD 54" for 7 Iron Z Trac = 396-769

7. SwatDawg15

SwatDawg15 LawnSite Member

I have ran them all season on my Snapper Pro 48 (NON - ICD) and the difference is night and day. Two weeks ago I put some standard high lifts on. I first noticed they were allot quieter then the G6. They left a good clean cut, but the clippings were horrible. I immediately put a set of G6's on and been happy ever since.

I removed all other types from the rotation. They sure work great for me.

8. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

That is awesome to hear! Just gives me more reason to buy a set as soon as possible! Does anyone know how they do in wet conditions if I may ask.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Under my std 7 Iron deck I had last year, they cut great in wet or dry conditions and didn't leave anything stuck under the deck. They don't do as well under my MOD deck this year though due to it having more baffling, and a lot more places for all the wet crap to stick to. Not bad mind you, but they do leave a lot more stuck under the deck. As far as the cut itself goes though, they did cut great in the wet on the std deck. I'm in the north though, and our grasses area lot different than what you cut, so I can't give you an authoritative answer on that aspect.

10. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

I've used G6's on my Bob-Cat walk behind most of this season. They are wonderful on the grasses we cut here in western Oklahoma. I cut about 95% Bermuda, with a little Fescue or Rye thrown in for shady areas. I haven't needed to clean the underside of the deck at all this season.
    Posted via Mobile Device