Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Are your 3-1 blades the regular version or the 3-1 high lifts? Mine are the 3-1 high llifts and I can see no difference ion the way they perform from my G6's.

2. SwatDawg15

SwatDawg15 LawnSite Member

Maybe I do have the regular? Just by eyeballing them today they did not look like they had as much lift as my G6 blades.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Like I said to darryl, mine are the exact same height at the end lift tab, and at the tips of the fingers when laying next to each other on my benchtop. I don't have a pic, but maybe I can get one tomorrow if time allows. If you read the specs on the Oregon site you can see the lift for any given blade, and the 3-1's HL's are the same or slightly higher than the G6's, which is 1/14" with some 3-1's running 1 3/8".

4. stonebridge

stonebridge LawnSite Senior Member

has anybody used G6 on a ferris zero turn 61'' old style deck. i have a chance to buy a ferris derby 61'' 27hp kohler with 500 hours for $2200
    but want to know if it helps with the clumping in the morning due or if the decks clump bad in the morning dew

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I went to buy some G6's for my GS's and found they don't make them, hmm that sucked I really wanted to try a set.

6. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

Do they make the G6 mulching gator blades for the Hustler VX4 deck?

7. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Would running the g6 blades with my ultra vac put to much strain on the engine (23hp kawasaki engine)?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Bulldogz

Bulldogz LawnSite Member
    from MA

Dennis any update on this? I ask because I saw some discontinued that may work (part #96-401), no?

9. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

The 96-401 would be the blade and it is available.

10. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Dennis, can you tell me who might have a pair of G5s - #596-310 - in stock so I can order them? These are 16.25" with a 5/8" hole.

AES in KC needs to order 10 to make it worth their while...and I'd like to just try 1 or 2 pairs to see if I'll like them.