1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used these on an x-factor deck?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes and I was not Impressed. Not a bad blade but nothing to write home about.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

5. Fencek

Fencek LawnSite Member

A must.

I like these blades allot.

6. farmmower

farmmower LawnSite Member

Wondered how these blades work on a Ferris 3100 with the ICD deck and can you sharpen these with a Magna-matic 9000 sharpener?

7. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

These G blades work very well on some applications but not all. I think it has a lot to due with the deck style/baffling.

8. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Farm. I use them on the 3100 all day long. You can use the 9000 with out any problems but I did put on a extended table on it because the blades have a little dip to them about 3 inches in and I just like the straightest edge I can have on a blade
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. farmmower

farmmower LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tip on the 9000. Are you saying the G blades are a little different than standard as to the edge? I will have to look at a pic but the standard blades don't look like they have a bend in them? Also, would the extended table be helpful even with standard blades as that may be what I'll stick with for now.

10. grassbutler

grassbutler LawnSite Member

I purchased 3 sets of Gator G6's from Stonewalltrading. ( 2 set for a Gravely 52 and 1 set for a Gravely 48 )..... Had a chance to run them for the first time yesterday. Grass was wet/damp from morning drizzle. Most January's we are blowing and scooping live oak tree leaves out of St. Augustine grass. I was quite amazed by how well these blades chewed up the leaves. Looks like we may not be filling as many plastic bags with leaves this year. I am looking forward running these is dry turf conditions to really see how they do. Yes they will work with a Magna Matic 9000. I have the extended table on mine.