Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used these on an x-factor deck?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes and I was not Impressed. Not a bad blade but nothing to write home about.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

5. Fencek

Fencek LawnSite Member

A must.

I like these blades allot.

6. farmmower

farmmower LawnSite Member

Wondered how these blades work on a Ferris 3100 with the ICD deck and can you sharpen these with a Magna-matic 9000 sharpener?

7. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

These G blades work very well on some applications but not all. I think it has a lot to due with the deck style/baffling.

8. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Farm. I use them on the 3100 all day long. You can use the 9000 with out any problems but I did put on a extended table on it because the blades have a little dip to them about 3 inches in and I just like the straightest edge I can have on a blade
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. farmmower

farmmower LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tip on the 9000. Are you saying the G blades are a little different than standard as to the edge? I will have to look at a pic but the standard blades don't look like they have a bend in them? Also, would the extended table be helpful even with standard blades as that may be what I'll stick with for now.

10. grassbutler

grassbutler LawnSite Member

I purchased 3 sets of Gator G6's from Stonewalltrading. ( 2 set for a Gravely 52 and 1 set for a Gravely 48 )..... Had a chance to run them for the first time yesterday. Grass was wet/damp from morning drizzle. Most January's we are blowing and scooping live oak tree leaves out of St. Augustine grass. I was quite amazed by how well these blades chewed up the leaves. Looks like we may not be filling as many plastic bags with leaves this year. I am looking forward running these is dry turf conditions to really see how they do. Yes they will work with a Magna Matic 9000. I have the extended table on mine.