Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

was wondering about the g6 blade for a snapper pro sw35 walk behind? I believe the stock blades are as heavy as the g6. so what would the part number be for a 52" deck?

thanks!! Chris

2. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

From what I find your blade should have a 5/8" center hole. If that is correct then the G6™ blade would be 396-726

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I dont mean to hijack this thread but Oregon make the Excell (Hustler) blades dont you?
    If so, do you have a non Excell branded High Lift blade… 793935
    And if you do, could you get me the part number please?

4. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Yes we do build blades for Hustler but we do not offer the high lift blade you are looking for under the Oregon® brand.

5. Mickhippy

Bugger! Do you offer a VERY similar HL blade to that one, 20.5" 5/8 hole?

6. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Unfortunately we do not. Have you tried the 396-740 G6™ or the 596-319 G5™ blades?

7. Mickhippy

Ive tried the G6, great for cutting really over grown lawns. But I need high lifts, an alternative the the super HL's I mentioned for air flow and clipping dispersal etc. Its a long story!

You guys should make them, a heavy fusion version! I'll buy a couple of sets! And stamp them Oregon! :waving:

Thanks anyway!

8. Mobius396

Mobius396 LawnSite Member

I have a Snapper Pro S200X with a 32hp Vanguard and a 72" deck. It's not a ICD deck. I've checked with a few dealers and they all say that there isn't a G6 blade for my mower. Is that true? There's got to be something that works.

If there isn't a G6, what's the next best thing?

Thanks

The original blade number is 5022476s.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just need the length (tip to tip diagonally) and center hole diamer. Then match it up.

10. Mobius396

Mobius396 LawnSite Member

At first I thought it would be just that easy.

I went to my local dealer and asked for Gator G6's. They assured me that all gator blades are the same and they weren't familiar with the G6's. That's when I started to worry, but we looked them up anyway. I need a 25" blade with a 5/8" hole. We found a few, but they all had different part numbers. That tells me there's some minor differences between them.

Does anyone know the difference?
    Posted via Mobile Device