Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Ref # Part # Description Attribute Name Value Context Note

396-731
    Add to pick list
    BLADE, BOBCAT GATOR(TM) G6(TM) 25IN

Weight

Catalog Page

Thickness

.25"

Length

25"

Center Hole Diameter

5/8"

Width

2. Mobius396

Mobius396 LawnSite Member

Thanks! I'll order some today.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 603turfdepot

603turfdepot Sponsor

4. AnythingCanHappe

AnythingCanHappe LawnSite Member

Just got some yesterday for my 27hp 61'' bobcat. With normal hi-lifts it would run about 3,300 rpms. Now with the g6's it runs at about 3,250 rpms. Haven't cut any yards with them so not sure how they work yet. Anyways here are more pictures seems how everyone loves pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Welcome to the forum.:)

It looks like your old high lifts are more medium lift than high. If you look back through this thread and find my pics, you can see the G6's are only as high as my high lifts at the very tips of the teeth. The G6's turn at higher RPM's than my high lifts do because the high lifts sails are much steeper and have more area to them.

Come back and let us know what you think of the G6's after you use them a bit. My deck cuts better with the OEM high lifts under most conditions. The G6's also concentrate the discharge right at the front of the chute whereas the OEM high lifts send it out in a more widely spread pattern, and farther to boot. I will get some small clumps with the G6's under conditions like we have been having here this year in MI with the dampness and lots of growth between cuts. For normal cutting conditions though, the G6's work very well, and are lightyears ahead of the standard Gator blades.

6. AnythingCanHappe

Well they did exactly like you stated in your last paragraph (only used on 3 yards about 2 hours after it rained)

I say they cut the same high lifts but smaller clippings as you would expect with a gator type blade. The G6's also concentrated the discharge right at the front of the chute like you. I did get some small clumps with the G6's but like I said the grass was a little damp still. Where it was dry I did not get any clumping. Best of both worlds imo. I didnt notice any lost of power while cutting either from the weight.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You should be mowing at 3600 RPM's....or at least 3600 with blades engaged sitting still.

8. AnythingCanHappe

Yea I turned it up to around 3550. I just got a tiny tac not sure how accurate it is though

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have 3 sets jetting their way to me via Fed-Ex at this very moment.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Tiny Tach's are very accurate. Most engines are factory set to free load at 3750+/-, and physically mow at 3600+/-