Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. AnythingCanHappe

AnythingCanHappe LawnSite Member

I turned it to around 3700 and it seemed like it was running too high. I have it at 3500 and it seems good to me. I bought it and have been using it for 3 years now a 3300. At 3700 the g6's were a lot louder then at 3500 and below.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Maybe they should be, but they aren't IME. Most are coming in around 3500 off load at high idle that I have seen.

3. Mobius396

Mobius396 LawnSite Member

I got my new G6's last week. What an improvement over stock! I realize I beat up the stock ones pretty bad, so anything would've been better at this point.

They had a pretty thick coat of paint on the edges, so I touched them up on the belt sander.

I noticed the difference right away.

I've been getting a pretty heavy build up under my deck lately. I figured it was mostly because of how wet it's been lately. Well throw that theory out the window. Saturday morning the grass was dripping wet. I stopped after about 2 acres to check the deck. I was shocked to see that it was perfectly clean. They were still clean after 6 acres of wet grass. I also didn't see any clumping.

Of course I was on the look out for any rouge stumps, roots, and sticks. I didn't want to mess up my new blades. Well sure enough, I hit one pretty good. I thought for sure I would need to fix up the blade. Once again, I was surprised that the blades all looked like new still.

I'm sold. I'll be buying a few more sets of these.

I took pic's, but I can't figure out how to attach them from my phone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. snarl16

snarl16 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Columbus Ohio

Anyone know if these will work well with an ICD Deck? I have not had much luck finding anything other than OEM blades that say they are compatible. I have a snapper pro 52" icd deck. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Because of the design of that deck the Gator® blades will not work.

6. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

Fixing to go buy a set if dealer has them in stock and give them a try all I see is Predator2 blades are they any good?

7. southerntide

Male, from Alabama

Went to deere all they had was predators and they sucks nothing like G6's guess have to order online

8. southerntide

Male, from Alabama

Ok ordered me a set of G6's be Tuesday, the JD predators suck azz

9. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

(OREGON OEP) Any news on 17.5'' 5/8 center hole g6/g5blades for exmark phazer & toro z334

10. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Looking at the new blades due to release in October I do not see it. I will give the research and development group another nudge.