Anyone using thenew g6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmorgan71587, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

The Gator Muulcher® blades are designed to run with an open discharge with or without a bagger .

2. para7452

para7452 LawnSite Member

Thank you. I will give that a shot. I figured mulchers with a mulch kit would be killer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Weekly mowing at a 3 inches and no it was not wet , or overgrown .

4. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a g6 blade for my toro 21 inch its a 22198 and as soon as I started the blade I head somthing grinding so I shut the blade off straight away. I check tje deck and it was the fins hiting the bbc cover not sure what to do either take the blade back to the dealer and make them replace the bbc cover or just run the machine how it is now till the blade clears its way throught the thin plastic??? Any thoughts?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

What part number did you purchase?

6. onlythebest

Not sure let me go get it off the mower
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. onlythebest

Says 96-600
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

That blade is not a G6™; just a standard Gator Mulcher®. I have had 2 other reports of the 96-600 not clearing the BBC cover. It appears to be just certain models. Would be best if you take that back to your dealer for a refund. If the cover is damaged beyond use PM me and we will get that taken care of also. Sorry that didn't work out for you.

9. onlythebest

It has a hole in the front left corner... Not sure what all is in. The to make the mechanism work but I'm sure wet grass is not good for it. The hole is about 2.5 inches long and 3/4 inch wide. If you would like pictures let me know. Also should I call and blame the dealer for selling me a blade that damaged my machine?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

No the dealer was just following our cross reference information. All 3 reports have come in the last month or so. We will put out a bulletin shortly advising not to use our Gator Mulcher® blade on the mowers with BBC.
    We will cover the repair under our warranty policy.Have the dealer contact me at 800-743-3150 Ext 307 if he has any questions.