Anyone w/ experience with this mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curry, Feb 5, 2008.

1. curry

curry LawnSite Member

Does anyone know much about this mower. This is the one that I can buy for $6400(07 model) http://www.toro.com/professional/lce/zmaster/z400/74449.html It doesnt have the Turbo deck. I asked my dealer about it and he said the only difference between the two is the turbo has adjustable baffles and this one doesnt. Anyone have any experience with it?

2. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I have the z500. 60 in deck. Not turbo force. What are you using it for? How much cutting do you plan on doing with this mower? The only difference between mine and the 400 is the engine. It's a great mower and it gives a beauty of a cut. If you're doing heavy duty commercial cutting or running it everyday i would consider a 580-d with a 23hp kubota diesel. The savings in gas with pay for the mower. I'm trading mine in for a z590-d diesel.

3. curry

curry LawnSite Member

I only have 15 or so yards. This one will do me fine. Im trading in my 44" so it will be a step up. I was just wondering about the cut. My 44" has the sfs deck and has been a great cutting mower for me, just outgrowing it. 6400 sound like a good price?

4. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Yeah, it will do you just fine. The cut is top knotch and the mower. Grease those spindles. I don't know about the u.s pricing so I can't comment on the deal you're getting but I'm sure it's a better deal then up here in Canada. Everything is 30 to 40 percent higher. The 590-d is priced at $14,000 PLUS 15 percent tax(if i'm correct about the tax).